UNIT 5- PERSONAL CARE AND APPEARANCE

 


MY PERSONAL CARE

In my day to day life JaJaJa, I Andrea do the following to take care of my skin and my face, since I am a makeup artist:
  1. I wash my face
  2. I apply cream to reduce some spots on my face and massage
  3. I apply contour to neutralize my dark circles
  4. I hydrate my skin with a little serum
  5. I apply a little foundation to my face, a little concealer, a little compact powder
  6. I apply blush, a little lipstick

And this is my Day By Day facial cleansing


Ahhh! At night when I arrive I wipe my face and it stays clean all night.


GRAMMAR 1

QUANTIFIERS FOR INDEFINITE QUANTITIES AND AMOUNTS

  • some
  • any
  • a lot of
  • many
  • much

Some and any can be used with both plural count nouns and non-count nouns.

Some is used in affirmative statements.

For example:

  • I have some books.
  • She drinks some milk.
  • We need some help.

Any is used in negative statements and questions.

For example:

  • I don't have any books.
  • Does she drink any milk?
  • We don't need any help.

A lot of and many are used with plural count nouns.

A lot of is used to describe a large quantity of something.

For example:

  • I have a lot of books.
  • She drinks a lot of milk.
  • We need a lot of help.

Many is also used to describe a large quantity of something, but it is more formal than a lot of.

For example:

  • I have many books.
  • She drinks much milk.
  • We need much help.

Much is used with non-count nouns.

For example:

  • I don't have much money.
  • She doesn't eat much ice cream.
  • We don't need much time.

Here are some examples of how to use these quantifiers in sentences:

  • Some: I have some books, but I don't have any magazines.
  • Any: Do you have any questions?
  • A lot of: I have a lot of friends and family.
  • Many: I have many books to read.
  • Much: I don't have much time.

EXERCISE



ANSWERS

  1. Many
  2. Any
  3. A lot
  4. A little
  5. Some
  6. Few
  7. Many
  8. Some



GRAMMAR 2

INDEFINITIVE PRONOUNS: SOMEONE/ NO ONE/ ANYONE

Someone, no one, anyone are all indefinite pronouns, used to refer to people without specifying their identity. However, they have different meanings and uses:

Someone:

  • Refers to an unspecified person who exists.
  • Used in positive and affirmative sentences.
  • Examples:
    • Someone left their book on the table.
    • I'm looking for someone to help me with this project.
    • I'm sure someone will come to your rescue.

No one:

  • Refers to the absence of any person.
  • Used in negative sentences or questions seeking confirmation of absence.
  • Examples:
    • No one answered the door.
    • Did no one see what happened?
    • There is no one to blame for this situation.

Anyone:

  • Refers to any person at all, including those unknown or unidentified.
  • Used in questions and affirmative sentences with a general meaning.
  • Examples:
    • Anyone can join the club.
    • Did anyone see the keys?
    • I'm happy to help anyone who needs it.

Pronoun

Meaning

Sentence Type

Examples

Someone

An unspecified person who exists

Positive/affirmative

Someone left their book on the table.

No one

The absence of any person

Negative/question

No one answered the door.

Anyone

Any person at all

Question/affirmative

Anyone can join the club.


EXERCISE 


ANSWERS

  1. Something
  2. any thing
  3. any body
  4. any where
  5. nothing
  6. every body
  7. Has everyone
  8. some where


VIDEO VOCABULARY 

  • Salon services
  • Personal care products
  • Discussing beauty




Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

UNIT 4- CARS AND DRIVING

UNIT 2- GOING TO MOVIES